Deer Park Ohio Fire Department
History and information of the Deer Park Fire Department

Home - Contact - History - Information - Community Links - Memories - Chamberlin Park - Deer Park FD - St. Johns - Census

munibldg.jpg (49840 bytes)
Deer Park's First Fire House
Deer Park Ohio's First Fire House and Municipal building built in 1936. Wm. Hensing was the Mayor. 
Deer Park Volunteer Life Squad, organized in 1939, was the second such department organized in the United States. 
firehouse-2nd-south.JPG (157018 bytes)
Deer Park's Fire House Expansion
In 1959 Deep Park was growing and so did the City building and the Deer Park Fire Department's Space. This is where once a year in the summer the Fire Dept. would have a Festival to raise money for need items for the Firemen. The Firemen's Festival was always something to look forward too. 
IM003616.JPG (78405 bytes)
Deer Park - Silverton Fire Dept.
Deer Park - Silverton Joint Fire District proudly protects 12000 people living in an area of 2 square miles. We operate out of 1 station that protects a primarily residential area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a combination of paid and volunteer status. We have an ISO rating of 4.

The Deer Park Silverton Joint Fire District is located in the north-east side of Hamilton County, Ohio. The cities of Deer Park and Silverton are suburbs of metropolitan Cincinnati. The Deer Park Silverton Joint Fire District started operation April 1, 1999. The department was formed by the City of Deer Park and City of Silverton Fire Departments combining. The department consist of 5 fulltime firefighters of which 3 are paramedics. The fulltime staff is supplemented by 20 part time 50 paid-on-call firefighters/medic/emt's. The department operates an paramedic level life squad and operates 3 engines, 1 quint, 2 life squad, 1 paramedic and 2 support units. Deer Park - Silverton Joint Fire District also provides life squad service to the neighboring communities of Amberley Village and part of Columbia Township

firehouse-plk-1959.JPG (690967 bytes)
1959 Fire House Expansion
Dedication plaque for the new expiation of the City building and Fire Department.
firehouse-plk.JPG (185908 bytes)
1959 Deer Park Fire Dept.
Dedication for the new expansion of the City building and Fire Department.
DeerParkOH-firemen.jpg (25138 bytes)
2002 Deer Park - Silverton Firemen
Today Deer Park and Silverton are served by a Joint Fire Department. Times have changed and so have Fire Departments. The old days of all volunteer fire departments and life squads is quickly disappearing.


Home - Contact - History - Information - Community Links - Memories -
Chamberlin Park - Deer Park FD - St. Johns -
Census

Emergencies - 911
Police Department - 791-8056
Fire/EMS Department - 791-2500
Gas emergencies - 651-4466
Electric emergencies - 651-4182

This web site is dedicated to Helen Camp and J. Henry Camp 
Who had for many years lived in and worked very hard to improve the City of Deer Park
 

City of Deer Park, Ohio Org
Copyright 2002 - 2014
Send mail to webmaster@deerparkohio.org with questions or comments about this web site.
Last modified:

Site Map Contents